Monday, October 26, 2009

Kindergarten field trip and activities

I am thoroughly enjoying my flexibility in being able to help out at the children's schools whenever they need me. I volunteer every Thursday for center time in the girls' Kindergarten class and then a couple times a month I help out in the office at both the Elementary School (where Kendall & Kameon go to school) and the Intermediate School (where Brett goes to school). On October 16, I attended the girls' class field trip to the Germantown Hills Fire Station. There are 17 children in their class and all of them were very well behaved. We rode the fire truck to the station and then were able to walk back to the school after the field trip was done. The fire chief explained to the kids what all of the things were that they use on fire/emergency calls and two of the firemen put their gear on in front of the kids which was great so the kids could see what the firemen look like and what they sound like with everything on so they don't become frightened if there is ever an emergency at their house. It turned out to be a great field trip!

The kids having story time as we wait for the fire truck to arrive.

All loaded up on the fire truck ready to head to the station.

Kendall enjoying being up on top of the fire truck.

Kameron wasn't as happy to be on top of the truck. ;o)

Class photo after the field trip (missing is the girls' teacher, Mrs. Stivers, who was taking the picture)

Mrs. Stivers took this photo of the girls in the class after they returned from the field trip. ;o)

I know I mention this very often, but Brett is really enjoying third grade and is getting wonderful grades. We are extremely pleased that this year is going so much better than the end of last year. ;o) Once a week, Brett continues to take a Tae Kwon Do class in Germantown Hills. He enjoys taking the class and is doing very well. In the picture below, he was receiving a new "tip" on his belt for accomplishing a task that Master Kurtz had set for him. ;o)

2 comments:

Corrina Dea said...

Your kids are growing up so fast and it hasn't been that long since we've seen them...getting ready for the Halloween party on Saturday...will totally miss having you here!

Stacey said...

That is so nice that your girls only have 17 kids in their class!! Eden has 25 or 26! I am so happy you have had these last several years to enjoy the "perks" of being at home!!! Also, so happy everything is going so well for Brett.