Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009

I absolutely love that Halloween fell on a Saturday this year. It was wonderful being able to spend the day just hanging out as a family until it was time to get ready for trick-or-treating. I love not having to rush around. ;o)

We haven't ever lived in an area where there are a lot of trick-or-treaters so when Brett was very small, we started trick-or-treating on the street that my Mom and Mark live on in Pekin. Then for the past 2 years, we trick-or-treated near the Dea's house outside of Peterborough, England. (People in England don't really celebrate Halloween so it was nice to be able to go to their house as the people in their village would be prepared for all of the Americans and would have candy on hand to pass out.) This year, we have moved to an area where there are lots of trick-or-treaters. The kids and I headed out around 6 p.m. to one of the streets nearby and then about 7 p.m., we went back to our house so I could switch places with Mike (since he was handing out candy) and he could enjoy watching our kiddlies trick-or-treat on several other nearby streets. I loved listening to our kids say "trick-or-treat" as well as "thank you" to every house they went to. (They knew if they didn't that we were heading home.) All of the children that came to our house to get candy were also very well-mannered...love it! The kids had an absolute blast and we now have so much candy that we will probably be eating it for the next few months. ;o)

Brett dressed up as Harry Potter this year; Kendall dressed up as Supergirl; and Kameron dressed up as Batgirl. (Spray-painting Brett's hair black was a bit frightening to me as I wasn't 100% sold on the fact that it would come out with a few washings. In the end, it took about 6 good shampooings to get all of the color out. I would have washed it 100 times if needed to get it all out ... as our babies are definitely supposed to be blonde! ;o) )




3 comments:

Stacey said...

Way cute!! We had a ton of trick or treaters too and I love it!! I enjoy it way more now than when I was a kid.

Corrina Dea said...

Your kids are too cute! Brett looks so authentic Harry Potter and I wouldn't mess with your girls...they look like they could kick some butt!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Brett looks just like Harry Potter. Brittney will be so jealous - she loves Harry Potter but Herminne (sp?) is her favorite. The girls look so cute and look like they were having a blast. Can't wait til we move back to the US so we can trick-or-treat (we are always traveling over her...).