This afternoon, we celebrated Kendall & Kameron's 4th birthday at the Fun Factory at Brewers Fayre (a pub/restaurant in Peterborough with a nice indoor play area). We had a mixture of children from Caterpillar families as well as children from Warmington Playgroup where the girls go to school in attendance -- 19 in total. Once the kids arrived, they all played on the equipment for about an hour or so and then they sat down for "tea" (dinner as we call it in the U.S.). Following tea, the kids played a bit more and then were treated to some ice cream and then Brewster Bear (easily explained as the U.K. version of Chuck E. Cheese) brought in birthday cakes so we could sing to the girls and they could blow out their candles. It is quite different having a birthday party over here as they obviously do things a bit differently than we do in the U.S. -- 1) the birthday cake is cut into pieces and wrapped up so it can be given to each child with their goody bag at the end of the party for them to take home and 2) the birthday presents aren't opened at the party. We brought all of the presents home and let the girls open a couple before bedtime (that was, of course, after I put them all in the bathtub to wash off the germs from the play area). ;o) We all had a great time and the girls are looking forward to opening more presents tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next... Tea time
Make a wish and blow out the candles...
Handing out the cake to the kids as they left the party.
Thank you for inviting us. The girls had a blast! I enjoyed getting some reading done & a little bit of social time (I promise to not always be a geek ;-))).
My husband, Michael, and I along with our three children -- Brett (age 9) and Kendall & Kameron (age 5) -- returned to Peoria after living in Peterborough, United Kingdom, for over 2 years. Each day proves to be another adventure that we enjoy experiencing as a family.
2 comments:
Thank you for inviting us. The girls had a blast! I enjoyed getting some reading done & a little bit of social time (I promise to not always be a geek ;-))).
Adorable! I am glad they had a great b-day. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment