Saturday, March 22, 2008
Wonderful visit with my "Mum" and Mark
We had a fabulous visit with my Mom and Mark this past weekend. Since they were quite jetlagged the first day, we simply ate dinner at the Black Horse Pub in Elton and then let them come back home to rest. On Saturday, Brett and I took them to London for the day. We enjoyed showing them around the sights in London and the nice weather (if you can actually believe that for England). Sunday we toured Warwick Castle and even though it was a bit rainy, we still enjoyed climbing the almost 300 stairs to the top of the castle as well as the Ghosts Alive exhibit in the Ghost Tower. Climbing that many stairs at least made me feel like I was getting my exercise for the day! ;o) Brett had school on their last day with us, so the girls and I took them to visit Peterborough Cathedral and Stamford. As when any of our visitors leave, it is very emotional ... so Monday night wasn't a very pleasant one for us driving home from the London Stansted area after dropping them off. While in Europe, they toured several other areas for a few days and then they headed back to London on Friday prior to their Saturday afternoon departure back to the U.S. The kids and I decided that since they would only be 1 1/2 hours away from us on Friday night, rather than the normal 4,000+ miles, we would go to London to surprise them. We thoroughly enjoyed spending a few hours with them Friday night as well as on Saturday morning before their flight. While saying goodbye for the second time was just as hard, if not harder, than the first -- it was totally worth it and we wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
It is working now....I don't know what happen!?
Post a Comment