Thursday, March 6, 2008
I'm "official"...
One of the policies we must follow over here for insurance purposes is that Mike and I must have a valid U.K. drivers license within one year of living in the country. Well, since we have now lived here a little over one year (and Mike already passed his test several months ago), I figured I had better get my act in gear and take the test. While I took the written test before Christmas, I was dreading taking the practical driving test since the rules of the road are SO different here. Since I didn't want my vehicle to be potentially taken away from me, I decided I had better schedule the test. With that, I took the practical driving test just a few weeks ago. I studied EVERYTHING about the vehicle and knew where everything (okay, almost everything) was under the "bonnet" (hood) since besides the actual driving, they also ask you 1-2 questions about the vehicle as well as 1-or 2 questions that are "show me" type of things. I was all prepared to open the bonnet and show the examiner where things were -- and the only things he asked me were 1) "could you tell me how to check the tyre pressure of your vehicle" and 2) "could you please show me how to honk the horn". Are you kidding me??? All I have to do for the "show me" portion of the test is to honk the horn? Yahoo -- it really was my lucky day, guess I should have played the lottery or something. ;o) Anyway, with all of the stress of having to learn how to drive in a foreign country, I passed both tests and am now an "official" U.K. driver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment