Saturday, March 15, 2008

Field trip to Morborne Farm

On Thursday, I joined Kendall and Kameron on a field trip with their playgroup to Morborne Farm. Their "boyfriend" (I can't believe I'm saying that since they are only 3 years old), Ian, and his mom, Tina, rode with us to the farm. Upon our arrival, we went straight to the barn where the sheep live. There were several sheep in labor and we were able to witness a couple births (what a wondeful miracle -- but definitely NOT a pretty sight!). At the beginning of our visit, Kameron enjoyed chasing a little lamb around the barn, while Kendall was quite content just watching. However I was able to convince Kendall to at least give the little lamb a pat on the head for a VERY brief second (oh, she is definitely my daughter!). ;o) After a few minutes, Kendall enjoyed bouncing around the barn watching all of the sheep and lambs during the rest of our visit there. Kameron, on the other hand, stood and watched a new little lamb that was just born for almost 30 minutes attempt to stand up. She was very intrigued by the little lamb and was cheering him (yes, I'm guessing that it was a him) on. Although the lamb still wasn't standing when we left the barn, we did confirm with the owners of the farm that there was nothing wrong with him and he was just smaller than his sibling and probably a bit cold. We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit. And while I grew up in the country, I was gently reminded during that trip that I am definitely NOT a farm girl. ;o)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the blog. Will enjoy it even more when we figure our way around it. Hopefully you have gotten the debit problem straightened out. Will be trying to call you this afternoon and/or tomorrow afternoon.