Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weekend whirlwind of emotions in the UK

Well, this weekend has been quite a whirlwind for us. We picked up my Mom and Mark from Heathrow Airport on Friday morning and we are so happy to see them. They are visiting until Monday night and we are going to make the most of our weekend with them! (I'll post pictures soon...)

In addition to our fabulous visitors, we also received notification that our debit card had been shut off. At first, I was quite upset that the card had been shut off without receiving a telephone call asking if we had made the charges. When I contacted Citibank here in the UK, I found that someone had charged over 3,200 pounds for two transactions! After reviewing our account online, we noticed there were many more charges made that didn't make the risk management's radar screen at Citibank because they were less than 1,000 pounds. We added up the total charges from the "cloned" card and it was almost 5,000 pounds! Yes, we (okay -- especially me) about had heartattacks!!! Then to top our frustrations off, we received an invoice in the mail from one of the last transactions confirming my name and address as well as the delivery address from the !@#$% who basically stole my card. I called Citibank again and they are having their risk management team investigate all of the fraudulent charges and hopefully within a week, they will reimburse our account as well as arrest the thief. Here's hoping and praying...

As I don't want to end this blog entry on a horrible note, we are truly enjoying my Mom and Mark's visit and look forward to many, many, many more visitors to come (hint, hint, hint!). ;o)

No comments: