Since we will be on vacation for Kendall & Kameron's 5th birthday, my aunts Alice and Colleen treated us to a "birthday tea party" at Her Majesty's Tea Room in Dunlap this week. It was a cute little tea room where the owners treated us like royalty. It was neat to see some of the English items they had for sale in the tea room (digestive biscuits, specialty teas, etc.) -- and really made us remember England. ;o) When we were seated, we each received a crown to wear for the day. Each of the crowns were an exact replica of what each royal family member wears. Kendall was Princess Eugenie (Fergie's daughter), Kameron was Princess Beatrice (another of Fergie's daughters), Brett was King George, Aunt Alice was the Queen, Aunt Colleen was the Queen Mother, and I was Princess Diana. We were served several different types of teas throughout the meal (all of them were delicious) as well as a wonderful display of yummy "English" food. The girls each received food/sweets that were tailored to being a princess (big read wax lips that they had to kiss a gummy frog with, etc.) and Brett received food/sweets that were tailored to the theme of Alice in Wonderful (the little wax bottles of liquid said to make you big and then another to make you small). Very cute setup for children...kept their attention and they couldn't wait to try out more food and sweets. ;o) (To be honest, I knew the girls would love it ... and while Brett wasn't really keen on going to a tea room for a party as it is a "girly" thing to do, it ended up that he had a great time as the owners really tailored it to fit the kids.) Wonderful time...thanks Aunts Alice and Colleen! 
Our table at the tea room

Chillin' in the taxi cab at the Tea Room




"Princess Eugenie"

"Princess Beatrice"

"King George"

"The Queen"

"The Queen Mother"

"Princess Diana"




Trying to make sure he doesn't grow too big while drinking the "growing" liquid

Kissing the frog -- hope he doesn't become a prince for at least 20 years. ;o)

Kissing the frog -- hope he doesn't become a prince for at least 20 years. ;o)



Kameron showing off her new tea set

Kendall showing off her new tea set

Brett showing off his Mad Hatter hat
Exhausted beyond belief. ;o)On Thursday, we had Tina and Jenny and their kids over to swim and play. (Stacey was also planning to come over but couldn't make it work with their summer schedule as they live in Bloomington and it takes a bit longer to get to our house.) ;o( We had a great time visiting while the kids swam. I'm not sure about Ian, Max & Blake, but my Brett, Kendall & Kameron were exhausted from swimming for so long. ;o)
We are now attempting to get ready for Kendall & Kameron's family birthday swimming party on Sunday. They have asked if I could bake them a cake...so I'm going to attempt to bake them a "castle" cake and decorate it. Yikes! Should be interesting...I just hope the cake still looks like a castle when I'm finished with it. ;o) Then the day after the party, we are leaving on a family vacation. Will post more information and pictures once we get back. Until then... ;o)
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!!
and looks like you had a great time! though I heard you were stood up by one - we will not mention!;)
Thanks for the great afternoon. The boys were zonked as soon as we left your driveway. Max is now on the same meds as Kami. Hope it keeps his allergies in control. See you when you return from vacation. Have a great trip!
I missed you guys!! 1st baseball cookies, next a castle cake???? Amy, I am impressed-can't wait to see photos!! I hope the girls have an amazing birthday-they are so beautiful!!
Post a Comment