Sunday, November 16, 2008

'Tis the season...

'Tis the season, right?! Well, not quite yet I guess...but we decided that with our next two weekends being packed full of travelling and volunteering at the Elton School's Christmas Fayre and then with the kids and I travelling to Peoria on December 13, we wanted to enjoy putting up Christmas decorations together and be able to enjoy them for awhile before leaving. So.......we decided that we would put up our Christmas decorations today! I know, I know, most people don't normally put their decorations up until right after Thanksgiving (which is what we would do in most years); however we made an exception to our "unspoken rule" this year. The weather was in the mid-50s this weekend and fairly nice to so we unboxed our decs from the shed and enjoyed putting everything up together. It really got us all in the mood for the holidays and now we can't wait for Christmas to arrive!!!! (The kids are REALLY hoping and praying for snow in Peoria during our stay there in December. I would really like to see their prayers answered; however I hope my prayer overwrites theirs by just a bit as I have requested that the snow doesn't arrive until we all get there safe and sound.) ;o)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I have been tempted to put our decorations up early this year too but we will have to hang the decorations only 1/2 way up due to Beckett so I think we will wait. We have several houses in our subdivision that have theirs up already. The kids look adorable hanging their stockings up.

Holli said...

oh my! I thought it was bad that Natascha was already listening to Christmas music but this takes the tinsel!:)
Merry Christmas the 2nd week of November! Are the kids opening gifts next week too?!
:)

Cathren12 (mom) said...

We are putting ours up the week I get back so tell Holli to quit being a grinch! Since there is no Thanksgiving in the UK there is no rule about waiting til then ~ that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I just love seeing Christmans throught the eyes of the kids. Beautfiul pictures :-)