Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving to you all! It is very difficult living in a country that doesn't celebrate the holidays that we have all become so accustomed to. Today is simply a normal day in England where Mike heads off to work and Brett goes to school. The girls would normally go to Playgroup as well; however I wanted them to stay home with me today so we could spend time together.

We all wish we were in the U.S. celebrating Thanksgiving with our family. Besides spending time with our family, I will also personally miss enjoying the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and pumpkin pie (and for many years, I have missed my Grandmother's mincemeat pie as it was absolutely phenomenal!).

While we won't be celebrating the holiday today as we would like, I would still like to share with you several things that I am thankful for.
  1. A wonderful, loving husband
  2. Three beautiful children that light up my life and make everyday a new adventure
  3. A loving family that we can't wait to see in December (only 16 days to go!)
  4. Friendships that we have developed both in the U.K. and in the U.S. that will last a lifetime
  5. Loved ones that are no longer with us but are our angels that watch over us
  6. Our health
  7. The opportunity of living abroad which has provided an unbelievable experience for our family

While these are just a few of the blessings that I count every day, I know we are truly blessed. I hope everyone takes time to count their blessings not only today but everyday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: