We went to the Meet the Teacher night on Monday to take all of the school supplies to the kids' classrooms and meet their teachers. Kendall & Kameron have Mrs. Stivers (thankfully they listened to our request and put the girls in the same class for Kindergarten) and Brett has Mr. Arnold. Both of the teachers seem extremely nice and we have heard nothing but good comments about both of them.
Brett started third grade on Tuesday. The bus picked him up at 8:04 a.m. and returned him home around 11:45 a.m. He has 4 children in his class that he knew from 2nd grade which made it a bit easier for his first day. He was able to take a tour of the school and get an understanding of where everything is located. It was nice that he only had school for 1/2 day so we could spend the afternoon with him.
On Wednesday, the children woke up around 6:45 a.m. to start their morning routine for getting ready for school. All of them were very excited to go to school -- and the girls especially since it was their first day ever. I told them that I wanted to take pictures before they got on the school bus, so they ate their breakfast and got ready in a pretty good amount of time. I was very thankful that the sun was shining so I had an excuse to wear my sunglasses outside with them. It absolutely broke my heart to see all of them leave today on the school bus but I know they are all having a great time at school which helps put my mind at ease just a bit. My heart is still broken that they are growing up so fast but I know it is just part of life. They all have early dismissal this week so will be home around 3 p.m. or so.
*** They all arrived home around 3 p.m. and were as happy as little clams! We sat down to have a snack and talk about their day and all of the new friends they met and what they learned. They all had a very exciting day -- definitely moreso than mommy. I blasted the radio all day while I cleaned the house because I was lonely and missed all of my playtime/lunch pals. All of them are very excited to go back tomorrow (I hope that lasts for a long time!). The only incident was Kendall decided to attempt to climb on the monkey bars at recess and ended up falling off of them onto her back. Yikes! Definitely not something that I wanted to hear had happened but thankfully she didn't get seriously hurt, just a sore back and a bruise or two. I just wish I could protect them 24 hours a day. *** (I know I took a ton of pictures but I didn't want to forget how happy they all were to go to school and how precious they looked.) I'll post pictures from our vacation to California later... ;o)






3 comments:
I have been waiting over a month for you to post something new on your blog!!! Anyways, hang in there-it is hard but they will be so happy and they looked so excited!
It just seems like yesterday I met them at Hollis house...they were 2 at the time...Life just flies by...they both look so happy!!! Glad to hear they all like school.
Time does fly when they are in school..I miss having mine at home, but it is neat to see them grow up. Have a great year!!!!
Post a Comment