Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lots going on with the time flying by...

Oh my goodness! Well, I finally realized this week after spending many days reading the Twilight series (love the books ... thanks for the recommendation, Stacey!) that it has been forever since I've blogged (yikes -- almost 2 months!) so I'm going to attempt to catch up to where we are currently at. ;o)

Visits from family and friends -- In late April/early May, my great-aunt Edna was visiting from Colorado so the girls and I were able to enjoy getting together with several family members for lunch and good conversation while she was in Illinois. In addition to visiting with family, we also got together with great friends we met while in England. Cathy and her girls were visiting from England so we caught up with them for a playdate at the park as well as lunch. Tina, Stacey, and Jenny and their kids came over to our house for a fun day of playing and attempting to catch up. Besides getting together at our house for a playdate, we also took the kids to the Children's Discovery Museum in Bloomington. The kids enjoyed playing with all of the activities that were offered there. I promised to take Brett back sometime this summer as he was still in school when we went.

Aunt Colleen, cousin Diane, great-aunt Dorothy, great-aunt Violet


Great-aunt Violet, great-aunt Rosalie, cousin Linda, great-aunt Edna











Mother's Day -- Mother's Day was a great day that I was able to spend with my little munchkins and also my mother. Rather than going out to a restaurant like we have done for the past several years, we enjoyed a cookout at my mom and Mark's house. Absolutely wonderful day! We are blessed to have wonderful mothers that love and support us so much! We love you!


Nana and Brett are headed to the Beach Boys concert.




Baseball and t-ball time -- I can't believe that school is officially out and we are in mid-season of baseball and t-ball already. Brett is enjoying baseball and catching up on all of the logistics of the game since he wasn't able to play much baseball while living in England. He is currently in the 7-8 year coach-pitch age-bracket. We have enjoyed watching him practice and play. Kendall and Kameron are in their first year of t-ball. At this age, it is a good thing the games are only 3 innings as the children's attention span starts wondering after much more than that. They are adorable to watch and enjoy playing with their pink bat and pink gloves. ;o)







Memorial Day trip -- We decided that we needed to get away for a bit so we took the children to Chicago for Memorial Day weekend. The first day, we enjoyed eating at The Cheesecake Factory and walking around the beach and Lincoln Park Zoo. Day 2 consisted of taking the kids to Six Flags Great America. They all loved riding the rides and getting their pictures taken with the characters (not quite like Disney, but still fun). All 3 of them LOVED the roller-coaster rides. I was sure that I was going to have 3 upchucking little ones to take care of after some of the rides, but instead of them feeling woozy, it was good ol' mom who was lightheaded. After most of the roller-coaster rides we rode, Kameron would get off and start telling everyone how "wicked" the ride was. ;o) On the third day, we headed back towards home and stopped at Dave and Buster's for lunch and playtime. Kendall hit the jackpot (1,000 tickets!) on one of the games so the kids enjoyed being able to pick out a few toys with some substance rather than the cheapy ones you can normally get with just a few tickets.



Their first roller-coaster ride -- The Whizzer









Kami and I decided we didn't want to get wet -- so we waited by the water blaster to get Daddy, Brett, and Kendall wet on the raging rapids ride. ;o)





The kids enjoying the HUGE bag of cotton candy!



Kendall after she hit the Jackpot!

I think I've wrapped our past couple of months into a quick nutshell update and will try not to wait this long to update again. I honestly didn't think we would be this busy upon returning from the U.K. ... but I will now admit that I was definitely wrong. I'm enjoying every minute of it and am thoroughly looking forward to a wonderful summer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been busy and enjoying time with family and friends. Love your pictures.

Miss you a lot.

Holli said...

miss you!!! funny to see you all back home. not just visiting.....;( now you need to come back visit us back here!

Stacey said...

It is about time!! I have been waiting and waiting for you to update your blog. We need to get together. It has been TOO long. We need to talk Twilight.