Thursday, March 19, 2009

Time with friends, friends, and more friends...

Since we don't have any furniture yet, the girls and I haven't really wanted to spend too much time at the house -- so we scheduled lots of playdates with friends we haven't seen in awhile.

On Tuesday morning our doorbell rang and the two little neighbor girls (Kate is in 5th grade and Claire is in 2nd grade with Brett) brought over a few St. Patty's Day bits for Brett to wear to school since they knew we didn't have many things here at the house. It was very thoughtful of them to think of our little man. I had just bought him a shirt at Old Navy with a bit of green on it as he didn't have anything green here at the house so he was able to wear that as well as the shamrock light-up necklace, shamrock scarf, and huge green shamrock hat the girls brought over. He wasn't sure how well the other kids were going to take him wearing all of the St. Patty's Day stuff -- so he opted to just wear the light-up necklace and the scarf and he carried the hat to school to see if anyone else was wearing something similar. I don't believe they were so he ended up just wearing the others for awhile to show his Irish spirit. I decided not to embarrass him too much -- so I opted to just put the photo of him with the necklace and scarf on rather than the one with the hat, too. ;o)


I think he looks like Fred from Scooby Doo because of the ascot. ;o)


The girls wanted to show off the shamrock necklaces and earrings I found at Hobby Lobby for them. (I know, Hobby Lobby?! Quite out of character for me but I was just looking for some house decorations as I'm getting antsy to get things in order here.)

On Wednesday, we went to Morton to visit with Jan (a lady that I used to work with at Cat) and her grandchildren. Jan is retired from Cat and now takes care of her little grandchildren during the day. I hadn't seen Jan in over 2 1/2 years so it was wonderful to be able to catch up and the girls had a fabulous time playing with the kids.


Enjoying a lolly before lunch



Thursday we enjoyed going to Bloomington to visit with Tina & Ian and Stacey, Beckett, & Eden. Both Tina and Stacey lived in England while we were there and have obviously now moved back to the U.S. I am so glad we all lived in England at the same time and am blessed to have them as my close friends now. Stacey, Tina and I enjoyed catching up and the kids enjoyed running around playing all day. The only thing better would have been if Brett, Faith, and Sawyer could have been there to play, too (but unfortuntely they all had school).


Beckett, Eden, Kendall, Kameron and Ian


Stacey, me and Tina

Mike received a call today confirming that our sea shipment had arrived and while they were going to deliver it on Monday, they had a cancellation for Friday and wanted to know if they could bring it then. YAHOO!!! Granted I will probably hate having boxes stacked from floor to ceiling in the house for awhile -- but I am so unbelievably happy that our things are going to arrive before the weekend (and they didn't sink on the ship!). ;o)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

LOVED, loved having you all over today! Maybe I can be the "new Holli." LOL! I am so happy you and Tina are back and I look forward to more get togethers. BTW, thanks for cropping the picture!!!!

Corrina Dea said...

You all look so wonderful...miss you a ton and hope you are doing well.

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Sounds like you all are slipping right back into a wonderful life in the US. I can't wait to see you guys. Love you all!!!

Holli said...

The GIRLS ARE BACK IN TOWN! Miss you all! Love you all!!!

hendede said...

Glad that things are continuing to move forward! I am glad you are still blogging. How are you finding the transition back for you? You hear people talking that it is not so easy ??? Just wondering! :)