Thursday, October 9, 2008

There is a first time for everything...

I woke all of the kids up this morning to get them ready for school and Kameron said she had a tummy ache and didn't want to eat her breakfast. I told her that if she didn't eat breakfast she couldn't go to school 'as breakfast is the most important meal of the day' (yes, I think I've turned into my mom -- love you, mom!) ;o) Anyway, she still didn't want to eat anything ... so I asked if she wanted to stay home from school today. She confirmed that she did. Now since the girls were babies, if one of them wasn't feeling well I simply kept both of them home as it seemed much easier; however today I asked Kendall if she still wanted to go to school -- and she confirmed that she did. Wow -- quite a shocker! Anyway, we took Brett to school and then headed to Warmington Playgroup to take Kendall there for the morning. Kameron and I both gave her hugs and kisses and told her we would see her later -- and I explained to the teacher that today would be the first day that they have ever been apart (actually only about 3 hours -- but nonetheless). The teachers couldn't believe it when I said they had literally never been apart for that long but said they would watch Kendall to ensure she was getting along okay. Kami and I went to the car and on the way home she started talking about boo-boos and needing a plaster (bandaid). In the midst of our conversation, she kept saying "Kendall" ... "Kendall". When I asked her who she was talking to since it was just me and her in the car, she simply said "oh, that's right mummy, I forgot that Kendall is at school very far away from us today." About broke my heart! The little peanut was talking to her sister like she does everyday not even realizing that she wasn't in the car with us. At pickup, both girls screamed each other's name and then ran up to each other and gave huge hugs. That melted my heart! PRICELESS!!!

Thought I would take a short stroll down memory lane... ;o)


8 comments:

Scott and Jeanne said...

That just melted my heart. What a priceless gift to be able to watch.

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

Glad they both had a good day...isn't change fun, but sad at the same time...I am already worried about going through the whole going to school thing with this baby and it doesn't arrive for 5 months.

Holli said...

tears....
you have to start reading this blog - makes you love twins just that much more http://johnson-mccormickfamily.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

They are precious!!! When I was little, I want to stay away from my sister, but now, I miss her every single day.
The pictures are priceless.

Min

Stacey said...

That last photo of the girls with Brett is ADORABLE!! I welled up reading this. They are just so sweet and I miss seeing them. I wish I had a twin sister.

Holli said...

tig you are it!

Corrina Dea said...

That is so sweet...can't believe this is the first time they have been away from each other. Love the stroll down memory lane...such cute pics!

Emily said...

Aw, that is one cute story!