After getting the house back into some sort of order after our trip to Egypt, we anxiously picked my mom up from Heathrow on Thursday, August 28. We all had a great visit during the drive back to Peterborough; however since she was exhausted, we let her take a bit of a nap before the kids exhausted her more by playing, playing, and playing some more that afternoon and evening. On Friday morning we headed to the Stamford Market to browse and let her experience an English market and then we went to Ferry Meadows to have a picnic and let the kids play for the afternoon. Of course with Friday being "Fat Friday" for our family, that evening we headed to the Papa John's that just opened in Peterborough a little over 2 months ago to pick up our pizzas. (You know you have ordered pizza too many times from a place when they know your name and what you order before you tell them. ;o) ) Saturday morning mom and I woke up quite early as we were heading to Nottingham to spend the day at the Eden Hall Day Spa. As a thank you for taking care of Payton while we were in England, we planned this surprise for her several months ago (and it was killing me keeping this a secret). It was absolutely fabulous! We walked around in fluffy robes all day long (besides the times we were in our exercise clothes working in the gym or taking a class) and enjoyed a massage and facial. Wonderful relaxation and absolutely fabulous way to spend a day together. By the time we arrived back home Saturday night, the kids were bursting at the seams to play with Nana. We decided on Sunday and Monday that we would just hang out and do whatever we felt -- as long as we were together. So we shopped at Queensgate and Tesco (my home away from homes) and baked goodies and enjoyed a meal at one of our favorite pubs -- The Cuckoo in Alwalton (about 5 minutes from our house). With school starting for Brett on Tuesday morning, we headed to bed early...and unfortunately, I had to take mom back to Heathrow on Tuesday morning so the visit wasn't nearly long enough. Even though we only had a few days to spend with her, we all enjoyed every minute and are anxiously awaiting our trip back to Peoria in December. ;o)
Eden Hall Day Spa -- this place just looks relaxing, doesn't it?! ;o)







3 comments:
It's always great to have visitors, especially family members. I can see you guys had so much fun from the pictures. And the Spa!!!!! Envy you.
I think all us girls need to go to see the spa for your selfs! So glad you had fun seeing your mum!:)
Missed you!
I know you love your mom so much and I am so happy you enjoyed yourself. There is nothing like having your mom around. I am ticked we never visited that day spa! I could use that right now. I hope Brett had a nice first day of school. I miss you and am counting down to December.
Post a Comment