Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nice weather weekend activities

The weather this weekend was absolutely fabulous (sunny and highs in the upper60s/low 70s)! Perfect weather for being outside ... which is just what we did. We enjoyed our weekly Papa John's pizza on Friday night ;o) (very sad when the person who answers the phone at Papas knows who I am before I tell them!) and then Brett had a soccer game on Saturday morning at Alconbury. He seems to like baseball quite a bit more than soccer; however he is getting into the hang of attempting to get into the action to try and get the ball from the other players. His team name is the Gators and his coach is really great with the kids. The girls enjoy watching Brett play -- although at the beginning of the game, they seemed to be more interested in eating snacks. Following the game, Brett went to a birthday party in our village for a few hours so Mike and I hung out with Kendall & Kameron and enjoyed the weather some more.





Sunday was another beautiful day and we enjoyed walking around Queensgate (shopping centre in Peterborough) and the shops on the street around the area (as well as eating lunch at Pizza Express -- another one of my favorites). After we returned home, we took a nice long walk around the field in the back of our house as well as through our village. I think Mike and I enjoyed the walk more than the kids -- but nonetheless, I made up for it by making sugar cookies with the kids before bedtime. (Thanks for the sugar cookie making idea, Tina.) It was an excellent weekend all-around ... ;o)



This week, we will be keeping busy with our usual weekly activities -- school, playgroup, gymmies class, soccer practice, swimming lessons, and multi-sports. Have I mentioned before that I absolutely LOVE spending time with our children?! Just in case I haven't, I wanted to make sure to put it in writing. They are truly blessings in our life and I thank God for them each and every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the 'sugar cookie' video. They seems very good in baking, able to work independently. I must try it too ;-)

Stacey said...

Where is their chef hat and coat like Ian had???? LOL Anywase, they are adorable and I LOVE spending time with my kids too-it is the BEST!! My life would be so boring without them. I feel extremely blessed. Glad you've been having some nice weather. Miss and love you!