Monday was actually a pretty quiet day with just going out to lunch and then doing a bit of grocery shopping and hanging out at the house for the remainder of the day.
Tuesday we headed to the girls' Gymmies class. Upon Brett's request, he and I participated in the warm-up and cool-down portions of the class. (He did well but I'm sure I was a sight for sore eyes!) In the afternoon, we went to the cinema with Jenny, Max, and Blake where we all watched Wall-E, the new Disney movie. I wasn't really sure how I was going to handle 1.5 hours of watching a movie that really didn't have many words -- just basically figuring out the various emotions by watching the robot's eye movements, etc. -- but thankfully it went quick and to my surprise, it was actually a cute movie.
On Wednesday we decided to go to McD's for lunch with a few ISE friends and then went to Activity World (a large indoor activity centre) with Tina and Ian where the kids wore themselves out playing.
The weather perked up a bit on Thursday so we headed to Jenny's house for lunch and then let the kids play outside in her back garden all afternoon. Again, they wore themselves out.
Friday we woke up very early (okay -- 6 a.m. ... which is definitely early from what we have been used to this summer). We left the house at 7 a.m. and met Rebekah and her three girls at the nearby roundabout and headed to Birmingham to spend the morning at Cadbury World. While Mike and I took the kids to Cadbury World when we first moved to England, they didn't remember too much of it so they enjoyed learning how chocolate was made. And the best part, of course, was receiving the free chocolate they were handing out along the tour as well as shopping in the Cadbury store. Yummy!!! (While Cadbury is might tasty, I have to admit that I really miss Hersheys.) ;o) After Cadbury World, we went to lunch and then to IKEA where Rebekah and I shopped in peace for about an hour while the kids played in the children's supervised play area. I will admit that I haven't ever been to an IKEA as I didn't think it would be much different than any other furniture-type store ... but boy was I wrong. I love that place and will definitely be shopping there when we move back to the states. Again, the kids wore themselves out playing -- are you noticing a trend here?!?!?! ;o)
Photos from Cadbury World






No comments:
Post a Comment