Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baseball and bike riding...

The baseball season at the Alconbury Royal Air Force Base has ended for the year. The season is quite short as it is; however with the fabulous weather in England, many of the games were cancelled due to -- can you guess?! -- rain. Brett played on the Blue Claws team and did extremely well. He seemed to improve each and every game. Mike and I were talking about the season and realized that Brett literally hit every ball that was thrown to him. Now that doesn't mean that the pitches should have been swung at -- but nonetheless, Brett swung and hit them. ;o) The closing awards ceremony was held last night at Alconbury. Soccer season (I know, "football" in England -- but it is quite nice that at the Base, they still call it "soccer") begins in a little over a month so Brett is now looking forward to that.


Kameron and Kendall have been giving us quite a run for our money on this whole potty-training thing. I know, you must be thinking to yourself -- why in the world doesn't she have them potty-trained...they are almost 4! Well, most of the time that would be what I'm thinking, too. We began working with them around their 3rd birthday and have had struggle, upon struggle, upon struggle (I won't go into all of the not-so-pleasant details that we have endured). Anyway, to make a long story fairly short, when we were in Munich, Kami said that she didn't want to wear pull-ups anymore -- she wanted to just wear "big girl underwear". I told her that as soon as we returned to England, she could start wearing her underwear all of the time. Well, she is one smart cookie and held me to it. When we returned from holiday, she started consistently going to the potty and was dry for a solid two weeks. Mike and I decided that she needed a reward (and we also wanted to see if the "reward" would potentially push Kendall into being dry too -- I know, pretty sneaky aren't we?!). So last Sunday, we went to Toys R Us and let Kami pick out a bicycle. She, of course, picked out the Disney Princess bike with the baby doll carrier. ;o) For the last week, Brett and Kami have been riding their bikes in the lane next to our house and enjoying every minute. We have told Kendall that if she stays dry for a solid week, we would go to Toys R Us and let her pick out a bike, too. As of today, Kendall is working on dry Day 2 -- so hopefully this is the turning point we needed to have both in underwear all of the time...and we can stop paying 5 pounds ($10) for each pack of pull-ups. ;o) Please keep your fingers crossed that I will be posting a picture of Kendall on her new bike sometime within the next week or so...

2 comments:

Cathren12 (mom) said...

But if they both get potty trained then I can't see Holli doing the "potty dance" :-) She looks so big on her bike!!!!

Holli said...

Love the bike! Hoping Kendal gets hers soon!