Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm finally a blogger...

I have finally done it -- I've created a blog! It is hard to believe that we have lived in the U.K. for over a year (and sad to say I'm just getting around to updating everyone via a blog as well as sending out the monthly photo gallery).

The past year has been quite an adventure for our family. Moving 4,000 miles away from our family in 2006 was definitely difficult; however we found a great number of friends here through Caterpillar/Perkins as well as the surrounding English villages.

For our opening blog, I'll just give everyone a brief update on our family.

Brett is 7 1/2 and is in Year 2 at Elton Church of England Primary School and seems to enjoy school very much. His favorite subjects are reading, PE (thanks to his daddy), and, of course, socializing (he can blame me for that wonderful feature). When he gets in trouble at school for being too talkative, I really can't get too upset at him because that is what I used to get in trouble for at school, too. As my mother always said "what goes around, comes around" and "paybacks are @#$%^." ;o) Brett is very excited that baseball season is coming up. We have just signed him up to play baseball at the Alconbury Royal Air Force Base. All we can do is hope that the English weather is kind to us this year and he actually gets to play in springlike weather rather than lots of wind with the occasional rain.

Kendall and Kameron are quite the little young ladies. While they are only 3 1/2, they sometimes act like they are 13 (and, oh how I am already dreading that!). They go to Warmington Playgroup three mornings a week and enjoy playing with their friends. Their favorite subject is -- can you guess -- socializing! ;o) They have been participating in Gymmies (a gymnastics class) one afternoon a week for the past four months or so and really seem to enjoy it.

While it may take me a little while, I will begin posting some photos from all of the adventures we have had over the past year as well as begin putting photos and updates on this site from all of our future adventures.

No comments: